Sunday, November 13, 2011

Apartment refridgertor broke, food spoiled, who's responsible?

I moved into a new apartment a month ago and the refridgerator was provided by the landlord. Its 2 years old. A week ago I woke up to water coming out of the freezer. I opened it up and everything in there was thawed and spoiled. I called the landlord and threw away the food. He sent a handy man to fix it the next day and it seemed to be fixed. I replaced the food and spent $200 doing so that day, and I still have the receipt. 3 days later I open up the freezer to get pizza rolls out to feed my four young children dinner. I noticed everything had melted again and everything was spoiled. I quickly called the landlord and left a message. Within 30 minutes they called me back and an hour later the same handy man showed up. He messed around with it and said it was fixed again. Its been 12 hours now and its still not working. It won't freeze even ice cubes and its not very cold. I let the first batch of food go because things happen, but whos responsible for the second batch of food that is now ruined? I have the receipt. Is it wrong to ask the landlord to replace the food being he knew the refridgerator had problems and won't send someone who is certified to look at it??? I have four kids under 6 and need a refridgerator. I can't afford to buy $200 worth of food again in the same week. Help!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment